Delaware Trust specializes in aircraft owner trusts.
FAA aircraft owner trusts allow both U.S. citizens and non-citizens to purchase and register aircraft with the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) by appointing a U.S. trustee. The aircraft owner trust holds the title to the aircraft and registers it with the FAA for the exclusive use of the beneficiary/purchaser, who continues to operate and maintain the aircraft.
Delaware Trust assists customers and their legal counsel with forming aircraft owner trusts and provides trustee services to ensure their compliance with the FAA. Headquartered in Delaware, a state widely recognized for its tax and trust laws and sophisticated court system, Delaware Trust is a licensed trust company with experience working with the laws and regulations governing legal aircraft title and registration requirements.
As your corporate trustee, we can provide the following services:
- FAA-approved forms of aircraft owner trust and operating agreements
- Preparation and filing of FAA registrations and re-registrations
- Three-year re-registration monitoring service
- International Registry of Mobile Assets administration
- Trust administration services
- New entity formation and Registered Agent services
- Coordination with legal advisors, title companies, lenders, and other interested parties
- Orphan trust structures for aircraft financing
For more information on aircraft trust services, please complete the form to the right.